Los bericht bekijken
Oud 22 november 2010, 08:52
PDATechCenter, Zaltbommel
Voornaam: Richard
Model: Palm Pre

Stuur een bericht via MSN naar PDATechCenter
Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door storko Bekijk bericht
Op de site van Precentral las ik echter het volgende:"One nice thing: Palm and HP have heard loud and clear that nobody is really happy with the geo-restricted nature of the App catalog that occurs when you activate your device in a country that doesn't support paid apps. They're researching a solution, it's a priority, they say."
Ik heb dat ook aan Palm voorgelegd en zij hebben daar geen duidelijk antwoord op.

This has been a big internal discussion at Palm within the past few weeks, and I'm being told that the information provided in the public article that you linked is still correct.
If you are using CDMA the country of activation is the country that you activate the device in, if you are using GSM it's based on the SIM card.

Why is there region specific access control - I can't directly answer, but I can't state there are many hoops and boundaries that our legal department has to go through, I would imagine that Palm would first have to establish something stating they can sell purchases in these countries before pursuing.

En:

The first time activation can not be reset by anyone, but the flashing tools that are provided to Palm repair facilities.

Dit is bevestigd door het contact wat ik bij palm in Ierland heb. Het geval is dat de activatie moet plaatsvinden met een SIM uit een land waar de Palm's officieel worden verkocht, en dat daarnaast je ook op een netwerk moet activeren uit een land waar de Palm's officieel worden verkocht.
Op dit moment zij dat in EU: UK en Ierland, Duitsland, Spanje, en Frankrijk.

Dat betekend dat je met een Franse SFR SIM in Duitsland je Palm kan activeren, en dan wordt je Pre gelinkt aan het SFR netwerk.

Je kunt dus niet met een SFR SIM, via roaming, in Nederland activeren. (het kan wel, maar je krijgt geen toegang tot de betaalde app catalog.)

Overigens maakt de setting (Taal, en regional setting) niets uit.

Richard
Met citaat reageren