Los bericht bekijken
Oud 25 augustus 2002, 18:06
Lid
Model: Palm Tungsten|T5

Ik heb de Ptelnet test gedaan, en je hebt gelijk. Die heeft absoluut geen probleem de gps aan de gang te houden.

Kjeld geeft dat nu ook aan, wellicht helpt zijn bericht ook om ergens een punt te maken. Daarom hierbij.

I must admit that the RF explanation seems to be the most likely based on the test results you describe. I am pretty surprised by this, but your last test did not go like I expected.

If PTelnet can keep the GPS alive without RTS/CTS enabled or any characters sent (you just write them at the grafitti area, they are not shown but sent to the GPS, but that is unimportant now) but it stops when moving to Cetus GPS or even with Cetus GPS active while not connected but only held closely to the GPS, then there must be something about the RF problems.

In this case there isn't much I can do about it. It may be true that Tomtom only performs a very limited set of calculations, but Cetus GPS is not that calculation "heavy" and should be able to perform like TomTom. If I had a Palm 50x and a Holux GPS, then I might be able to track down precisely what makes the GPS turn off, but I don't.

For all I know Cetus GPS works with all other NMEA enabled GPS receivers, currently I only have a non resolved issue with the Navman Springboard module for HandSpring Visor, and I have more than 1200 downloads of the latest beta released august 11 so I am fairly sure that I would know if there were a general problem with some GPS receivers.

Despite what Holux says it seems that they have created a very poor piece of hardware with much worse RF characteristics than Navman and Magellan.

Best regards
Kjeld Jensen