Los bericht bekijken
Oud 23 augustus 2002, 20:36
Lid
Model: Palm Tungsten|T5

Nieuws van Kjeld. Misschien toch hulp?

Kan iemand de test doen die hij aangeeft, en de interference die dan gemeten wordt hier laten weten en aan Kjeld doorgeven?

Alvast bedankt.

Aldus zijn bericht aan mij:
If TomTom and GPSMeter can keep the Holux GPS alive but most other GPS applications cannot, then the problem has nothing to do with interference or the like. It is a pure software problem which can be solved when we figure out what the Holux GPS expects...

There are two possibilities, either the Holux GPS requires one of the serial port control signals (Cetus GPS supports the DTR control signal) or it requires a message to be sent to the Holux GPS within a certain period, otherwise it times out and shuts down the receiver.

It shouldn't be that much of a problem for one of those who are able to measure interference, to log the state of the Palm control signals when using TomTom or GPSMeter and the data sent from the Palm to the GPS. That should give a fairly good idea about what the GPS expects.

Another approach could be to contact Holux and ask them exactly what their GPS expects. I could try contacting Holux, as they may be interested in letting me support their hardware, but before I do this, it would perhaps be a good idea if you send me a lists of the people you have contacted so far?

Kjeld