Los bericht bekijken
Oud 23 augustus 2002, 08:56
Lid
Model: Palm Tungsten|T5

Ik ontving net een vrij uitgebreid bericht van Tina Hu van Holux. Het maakt hun houding t.a.v. alle vragen en opmerkingen wel duidelijk denk ik.

Hierbij:

But for Handheld, their only two competitors, Holux and Navman.
If Holux couldn't pass, I think never say Navman,as we perform well than them under our testing them before.

But for Handheld, it's movable features, so GM251+ need to be attached to PDA to send signals via PDA's botton pins, even Navman also. So how to avoid RF interference to affect GM251+'s acquiring from PDA's CPU on data processing will be a important issue.
Also the RF(i.e.radiation) will be produced from the PDA's botton pins.
And when you processing more and more software, the RF will be cumulative effect. So we don't suggest that when you use navigation software, you also execute others software at same time. Unless like Tomtom, they let software program efficiently.
If compared Cetus GPS with Tomtom, you could see how slow Cetus do route -plan. This will let RF grow.

PALM OS is "one pask" operation system.
I.,e, when you use another software,the software you origionally use will be automatically terminated.
Unless you use the calculation or function on same software interface.
Please specially attention this difference with Pocket PC.
I really afraid that one day one customer asks me why his navigation software stoped as he execute other application software.

Holux do:
What we do is set EMI safety standard , it's set by normal operation for your software and we put higher threshold than Navman.
But this is relative concept and come from testing and comparison.
We can't ask our hardware to match all various software, afterall there will be different set between various software company.
And we are positioned on hardware, not professional on software field.

Solution:
If shielding like the conclusion of one customer insists, I need to say if he insists to operate more software,finally our shielding will do a limit, then same problems will happen again. Or if one day, another software may have more RF than Cetus, then whether we need to resolve or modify GM251+ again. We should care most customers.
So I may suggest you just use the workable one-TomTom.
For software issue, we have no retionship with TomTom, and it should be his knowhow, he definitely wouldn't tell us.I'm really sorry for this.

TomTom know how well our products are, so he works hard on his software and sells good in Germany, as he knows we are better than Navman,and there're only two suppliers exist .