Palmclub forum

Palmclub Forum

alles over je Palm Treo smartphone of PalmOS pda

Ga terug   Palmclub forum > Actueel > Nieuws en Reviews > Nieuwsarchief

Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Kalender Zoeken Berichten van vandaag Markeer forums als gelezen

Discussietools Weergave
Oud 24 mei 2004, 14:49
zorglub's schermafbeelding
Senior lid
Model: Palm Treo 650

Stuur een bericht via ICQ naar zorglub Stuur een bericht via Yahoo naar zorglub
Smile Euro 2004

EDIT:

I've made a Palm OS program for the Euro 2004 championship. It contains a lot of information about all the teams and stadiums and when all the games are played. You can add a game to your datebook to be reminded in advance. You can enter the scores of each game or download them wirelessly (great with a Treo 600!) and see which teams are making it to the next round.

Like the previous versions I made in 2002, 2000 and 1998, it is FREE.

However because I try to make a living from developing Palm OS applications (yes I'm evil) I cannot post the URL to where you can download it from because otherwise I'm accused of promoting my software (see posts below). You can search for it at PalmGear, Handango and pdassi, it's called "Euro2004".

It'll teach me to post in these forums.. geesh. Too bad there is no way to delete a thread.

Laatst gewijzigd door zorglub; 24 mei 2004 om 19:45.
Oud 24 mei 2004, 15:58
Patrick's schermafbeelding
Forumbikkel
Voornaam: Patrick
Model: Palm Tungsten|T5

Bedankt voor de tip. Wat me echt handig lijkt is het automatisch updaten van de scores. Nu maar hopen dat het een erg oranje feest wordt!
Oud 24 mei 2004, 16:05
jeeptricks's schermafbeelding
Forumbikkel
Model: PocketPC

@Patrick,

Zorglub geeft helemaal geen tip. Hij maakt op deze plek plat reclame voor een product uit zijn eigen commerciële winkeltje, en wel zonder daar voor te betalen.

Groet,

edit: zie regel 1 van de Huisregels.

Laatst gewijzigd door jeeptricks; 24 mei 2004 om 16:08.
Oud 24 mei 2004, 16:11
Patrick's schermafbeelding
Forumbikkel
Voornaam: Patrick
Model: Palm Tungsten|T5

@Jeeptricks
Het is maar hoe je het bekijkt. Als je niet weet dat er een commerciele bedoeling achter de post van Zorglub zit dan vindt ik het wel een handige tip. Het is freeware en de andere commercial ware laat ik voor wat het is

Verder heb ik niet de intentie een (oud?) vuurtje aan te wakkeren over wat al dan niet in de regelementen van dit forum past. Als de moderator van dit forum deze thread niet vindt passen moet hij/zij 'm er gewoon afhalen.

Groet, Patrick
Oud 24 mei 2004, 16:15
Senior lid

jeeptricks

I posted here because:

- I had several Dutch people asking me if this year I was also going to make a free program like I did in 2002, 2000 and 1998. Posting about here seemed to make sense to let the most people about it.

- I've been talking to J-P and he's excited about it.

- The program is *FREE* even though I spent a lot of time working on it. And will continue working on it to make sure all the scores are updatable wirelessly.

If you are still upset for me announcing it in the forums just ask J-P to delete it. If you are also upset I wasted my time making a Dutch version, I can also delete it.
Oud 24 mei 2004, 16:42
GJHartog's schermafbeelding
Voornaam: Gert-Jan
Model: Overig

Citaat:
If you are still upset for me announcing it in the forums just ask J-P to delete it. If you are also upset I wasted my time making a Dutch version, I can also delete it.
What language do like to get your answer in?

Anyway, I'll try in English

Love the program, but I must agree with jeeptricks. Please don't delete it, I think it is very useful. However, interprete this as a little tip for the future, if you have the authorisation to post, then please put in your post who gave you this authorisation.

We'll leave this thread 'alive', keep up the good work!
Oud 24 mei 2004, 17:38
Underdog's schermafbeelding
Yèèèèès
Voornaam: AJ
Model: Palm Treo 680

Stuur een bericht via ICQ naar Underdog
Freeware blijft Freeware. Hij helpt zijn mede mens . Commerciele bedoeling hierachter kan ik niet vinden.
Oud 24 mei 2004, 17:42
RHarinck's schermafbeelding
Forumbikkel
Voornaam: Ries
Model: HP Pre3

Heb het progje op mijn T3 gezet en het ziet er best leuk uit. Ben wel benieuwd of het wireless updaten van info werkt. Hoef je ook niet meer de scores zelf in te voeren!!
Oud 24 mei 2004, 19:58
Senior lid

Citaat:
Love the program, but I must agree with jeeptricks.

However, interprete this as a little tip for the future

Thanks for writing in English - appreciated. However I find your post way too condescending. You are making it sound like you are doing me a favour for letting the thread alive when I was actually doing you a favour for announcing the software because I know the 2002 edition was very well received by Palmclub (see the review). It's too bad this version is not as well received as I've taken timeout from my busy schedule and worked very hard on it and I was really excited to finally unveil it.

I've edited my original post to remove any info that might be deemed as commercial.
Oud 24 mei 2004, 20:20
Underdog's schermafbeelding
Yèèèèès
Voornaam: AJ

Stuur een bericht via ICQ naar Underdog
Citaat:
Op 24-05-2004, om 19:58 heeft zorglub dit gezegd in bericht #9

Thanks for writing in English - appreciated. However I find your post way too condescending. You are making it sound like you are doing me a favour for letting the thread alive when I was actually doing you a favour for announcing the software because I know the 2002 edition was very well received by Palmclub (see the review). It's too bad this version is not as well received as I've taken timeout from my busy schedule and worked very hard on it and I was really excited to finally unveil it.

I've edited my original post to remove any info that might be deemed as commercial.
I want to thank you for your FREE software in first place. I'm going to the EK in Portugal so I will use is there . I think the only problem that some people have with your first post is that you are linking to the main page of your company. It's not a link directly to the EK2004 software or the EK software's page.
Oud 24 mei 2004, 20:33
Senior lid

Citaat:
I think the only problem that some people have with your first post is that you are linking to the main page of your company. It's not a link directly to the EK2004 software or the EK software's page.
Bah, lazy bastards! The first thing that pops up on that page is the link to the Euro2004 software! Not apologizing for that one, software is written, if you want to use it, **AWESOME**, if not, well too bad.

I'm certainly not going to link to the software directly as afterwards I have to answer all the support emails from people who havent read the instructions

Have a good one in Portugal! I'll be watching every single game, as someone has to update the scores that are downloadable wirelessly
Oud 24 mei 2004, 20:56
Aankomende beginner
Model: Palm Tungsten|T3

Hi Zorglub, glad to see you here on the forum.

I've had your program for a while and really like it. I see absolutely no problem with your posting freeware here, especially since one of the moderators is also posting links to a commercial website to which he/she is affiliated (pdassi.nl), a practice of which I do not disapporve as long as it is clear to all (which in this case it often is). So please keep the dutch version for all of us and keep up the good work.

Chris

PS Some ideas for a next release:
- most obviously, automatic updates with results and scores
- a link with the palm calendar to schedule games
- Remove the underline in the field in country and stadium forms.
Or does your latest version have these already incorporated?
Oud 24 mei 2004, 21:08
Aankomende beginner

Correction:

The program I was referring to is also called Euro2004 and also freeware. So my suggestions refer to that program.

Chris
Oud 24 mei 2004, 21:20
Bram's schermafbeelding
Forumbikkel

Citaat:
Op 24-05-2004, om 20:56 heeft Chris_Homan dit gezegd in bericht #12
especially since one of the moderators is also posting links to a commercial website to which he/she is affiliated (pdassi.nl
Don't forget winmagazine!

I think this URL won't cause you any more support emails:
Euro2004.
Oud 24 mei 2004, 23:13
metck's schermafbeelding

Zorglub, thanks !!!
Oud 25 mei 2004, 00:02
jean-paul's schermafbeelding
Admin
Voornaam: Jean-Paul
Model: Apple iPhone

Stuur een bericht via ICQ naar jean-paul Stuur een bericht via Instant Messenger naar jean-paul Stuur een bericht via MSN naar jean-paul Stuur een bericht via Yahoo naar jean-paul Stuur een bericht via Skype™ naar jean-paul
Hi all,

Chris is doing us a favour by posting a link to a freeware program much called for in previous threads. He doesn't have no gain by posting this link, so I don't see what all the fuzz is about. We do have a feature - since the beginning of using vBulletin for forum software mind you - called 'Geef dit bericht door aan moderator'. It's unnecessary and unwanted if all forum users start acting as moderators in public. We do have a team of excellent moderators who are more than capable of this job.

I really don't see what Chris did wrong. If you don't want his other software - which is brillant by the way (personal opinion, not a Palmclub opinion) - then don't download and ignore it. The guy's is giving us software for free! Should we welcome that by 'whining' about a link to this main webpage?

Since Chris isn't allowed to do this, according to the spam police , here are the links again:
Tinystocks
PalmGear
pdassi.nl

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo allemaal,

Chris doet ons een plezier door een link te plaatsen naar een freeware programma waar veel vraag naar is in eerdere threads. Hij heeft er totaal geen financieel belang bij door deze link te plaatsen, dus ik zie niet zo goed in waar iedereen nu weer zo moeilijk over doet.
En daarbij: we hebben - al sinds het begin dat we vBulletin als forumsoftware gebruiken - een knop bij elk bericht 'Geef dit bericht door aan moderator'.
Het is onnodig en ongewenst als elke forumgebruik maar voor publieke moderator gaat spelen. We hebben een team van prima moderators die daar meer dan geschikt voor zijn.

Ik snap nog steeds niet wat Chris fout heeft gedaan. Als je z'n andere software niet wilt hebben - die overigens perfect is (persoonlijke mening, geen Palmclub mening) - download die dan niet en negeer het gewoon. Hij geeft ons gratis software!! Moeten we dat 'bemoedigen' door te gaan zeuren over een linkje naar de hoofdpagina van zijn homepage?

Omdat Chris het niet mag van de spam politie, dan doe ik het wel:
Tinystocks
PalmGear
pdassi.nl

- jp

Laatst gewijzigd door jean-paul; 25 mei 2004 om 00:16.
Oud 25 mei 2004, 00:10
Rup.'s schermafbeelding
Android lid.....
Voornaam: Ruben
Model: Overig

Bravo JP!!!
Oud 25 mei 2004, 00:14
Admin

Stuur een bericht via ICQ naar jean-paul Stuur een bericht via Instant Messenger naar jean-paul Stuur een bericht via MSN naar jean-paul Stuur een bericht via Yahoo naar jean-paul Stuur een bericht via Skype™ naar jean-paul
Citaat:
Op 24-05-2004, om 21:20 heeft Bram dit gezegd in bericht #14
Don't forget winmagazine!
Ik heb geen persoonlijke binding met winmagazine; dat is een afspraak tussen de Palmclub en winmagazine om elkaars content te delen. Deze afspraak is destijds keurig gecommuniceerd en is ingegeven door de vraag naar een blad dat meer over handhelds zou schrijven.

- jp
Oud 25 mei 2004, 00:21
Admin

Citaat:
Op 24-05-2004, om 20:56 heeft Chris_Homan dit gezegd in bericht #12
... especially since one of the moderators is also posting links to a commercial website to which he/she is affiliated (pdassi.nl), a practice of which I do not disapporve as long as it is clear to all (which in this case it often is).
Het klopt inderdaad dat zowel Gonny als ik de eigenaar zijn van pdassi.nl, daar hebben we ook niet geheimzinnig over gedaan volgens mij. We proberen - voor onszelf en de Palmclub - altijd een juiste balans te blijven vinden tussen de Palmclub-onafhankelijkheid uit hoofde van onze bestuursfunctie en onze commerciële pet. Mocht dit ergens scheef gaan, dan mogen jullie ons daar gewoon op aanspreken. Overigens hebben Gonny en ik altijd overleg met onze mede-bestuursleden voordat we een pro-'eigen site' post of aankondiging plaatsen.

- jp
Oud 25 mei 2004, 00:28
Aankomende beginner

Zorglub,

I just noticed that your program and the "other" Euro2004 program cannot be loaded simultaneously, even though the Creator ID's are not the same...

Citaat:
Chris doet ons een plezier door een link te plaatsen naar een freeware programma waar veel vraag naar is in eerdere threads. .....
J-P, ik neem aan dat de Chris aan wie jij refereert Zorglub is...

Verder ben ik het helemaal met je eens, JP.

Chris

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Er zijn 1 actieve gebruikers die momenteel deze discussie bekijken (0 leden en 1 gasten)

Discussietools
Weergave

Regels voor berichten